Ortonville Recreation Area
Ortonville Recreation Area is located in north Oakland and southern Lapeer counties. This approximately 5,400 acre recreation area contains high wooded hills and a wide range of recreational activities. The development began in 1945, but by the end of 1948, more than 3,700 acres had been secured for the purpose of public recreational use. Additional land acquisitions have increased the area to its present size. The original park, Bloomer #3 State Park, was donated by Howard Bloomer in December of 1922.
5779 Hadley Road Ortonville, MI 48462